- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 4 Mid-size tomatoes
- 1/3 Yellow onion
- 1 Small lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Take out the tomatoes’ seeds/liquids, and chop the rest to small pieces
- Peel the cucumbers, and chop to small pieces
- Peel the onion, and chop it to small pieces
- Mix them in a bowl. The best mixing instrument is hands (wash first!)
- Pour juice from the lemon on the vegetables.
- Pour olive oil on the vegetables.
- Salt&pepper (black, ground) to taste
- Mix again to season evenly.
- Add cooked/canned corn kernels (mexican style)
- Add chopped hard-boiled egg (breakfast style)
- Add cottage cheese (lunch style)
- Add chopped Israeli pickled cucumber
- Substitute the onion with chives (fancy style)
- Add some extra-fine chopped hot pepper
Any subset of these works — so this is actually 64 different recipes!