(Based on Food Lab Science recipe)
- 3 Medium Russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/16-inch matchsticks
- Microwave potatoes on high for 5 minutes
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a skillet on medium. Add potatoes and flatten against pan with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper. Swirl and shake the pan for about 7 minutes.
- Slide rosti onto a large plate, then flip onto a different plate.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the skillet and slide the rosti back in. Swirl and shake the pan for about 7 minutes.