Based on cookies and cups recipe.
- All purpose flour (2 1/2 cups)
- Granulated sugar (1 tbsp)
- Kosher salt (1 tsp)
- Butter (1 cup)
- Vinegar (2 tsp)
- Ice water (1/2 cup)
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and butter in a large metal bowl.
- Cut butter into cubes.
- Add butter to bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add vinegar and ice water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until it’s too difficult.
- Knead with hands until dough holds together.
- If dough is too dry or crumbles, add a tablespoon of water at a time until it is flexible enoug.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Form each portion into a flat circle.
- Wrap each dough with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Flour surface lightly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out 1/8–1/4 inch thick into a 12 inch circle.
- Quarter the dough and carefully place into a pie plate.
- Press it lightly into the dish.
- Trim the edges of the crust, leaving about 1 inch overhanging.
- Crimp the edges of the crust using your fingers.
- Fill your pie with desired filing.
- Roll out the remaining dough as you did before for a top crust.
- Place the dough on top of the pie and crimp the edges to seal.
Typically a fruit pie will bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes.