Based on Food Lab Science recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds of large carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 teapoon lemon juice
- black pepper
- Toss the carrots with cornstarch until no clumps of starch remain.
- Add stock, butter, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to simmer and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes
- Increase the heat high and boil until the sauce is a shiny glaze.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and