Based on Once Upon a Chef recipe.
- Avocado (1)
- Diced tomatoes (1/2 cup)
- Minced shallots (2 tbsp)
- Minced garlic (1 tbsp)
- Jalapeno pepper (1)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Eggs (5)
- Smoked paprika (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Vegetarian spicy sausage (1/2 lb)
- Shredded mozarella (1 1/2 cups)
- Tortillas (5)
- Vegetable oil (1 tbsp)
- Dice the avocado.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno.
- Chop the jalapeno.
- Combine with tomatoes, shallots, garlic.
- Whisk eggs with smoked parika and salt.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to plate, leaving any drippings.
- Put eggs in pan.
- Scramble until just cooked.
- Move eggs to plate.
- Clean pan.
- Spread salsa evenly between all five tortillas.
- Spread eggs evenly between all five tortillas.
- Spread sausage evenly between all five tortillas.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla over the filling.
- Roll, tucking in the edges as you go.
- Lightly coat the pan with oil.
- Set over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the burritos, seam side down.
- Cook, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Flip the burritos over .
- Continue cooking, covered, until golden, a few minutes more.
- Put in individual zip-lock bags.