- Medium potatoes (5)
- Large onion
- Eggs (3)
- Corn starch (1/2 cup)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Grate onion with a large-hole grater.
- Put onion in a large ixing bowl.
- Peel potatoes.
- Grate potatoes with a large-hole grater.
- Plate potatoes in cheese cloth.
- Squeeze out liquid from cheese cloth.
- Put potatoes in the bowl.
- Add the eggs.
- Add salt.
- Add corn starch.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat 1/4 inch of Canola oil in a large skillet.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into the patties of the desired size.
- Carefully lay the patties into the hot oil without overcrowding the pan.
- Once the edges start to brown, turn the patties over with a spatula to cook both sides until golden brown.
- Take the patties out of the skillet and lay them on a sheet pan screen to let the residual oil drip out.
- Serve the potato latkes as hot as possible.
Latkes can be individually frozen and reheated in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes.