Makes about 15-20 patties.
- 4 Leeks
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Canola Oil
- Clean the leeks and remove the leaves up to light green part.
- Cut the leek into rings 1/2 cm wide.
- Put the rings into a pot, add a 1/4 cup cold water, cover the pot and simmer for about 5-10 minutes on medium–high heat until leeks are soft.
- Pour the leeks into a strainer and wait until all water has drained.
- Let the leeks cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour the leeks into a large mixing bowel.
- Add 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and the egg into the bowel and mix.
- Take a full spoon of mixture and form patties with wet hand about 5-6 cm diameter and about 1 cm height.
- Pour oil into a frying pan, about 1 cm deep. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Put patties into the hot oil with enough space to allow easy turning patties over.
- Fry until golden brown and turn patty over, using two flat spoons to avoid breaking them up.
- Fry on the second side also until golden brown.
- Remove patties and spread over a paper towel sheet to absorb the oi.