- Chard leaves (10)
- Eggs (2)
- Bread crumbs (1 cup)
- Canola oil
- White pepper
- Wash the chard leaves in cold water.
- Dry them off.
- Cut it into strips a quarter inch wide.
- Cut out the white part.
- Cook (without water) on medium heat until they shrink to a third.
- Sieve out the water and let cool.
- Put cooked leaves in mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, 1/2 tbsp salt and a pinch of white pepper.
- Add the bread cumbs.
- Mix with a fork.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Put water in a small bowl.
- Wet hands and make patties about 1 inch radius and 1/4 inch thick.
- Hands should be wet after each patty.
- Heat 1/2 inch of canola oil in a pan.
- When it is hot, lower the heat to medium.
- Fry patties until they form a brown crust, and then flip.
- After taking out of pan, put patties on paper towels.