Apples and Quinces¶
- Quinces (3)
- Apples (Gold delicious or pink lady) (8)
- White sugar (2 cups)
- Lemon juice
- Boil quinces for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Put in a bowl with lemon juice and water.
- Take one out at a time, cut into quarters, cut wooden part out, put back in bowl.
- Take one quarter at a time out, cut height-wise, and put pieces back.
- Peel apples.
- Cut in quarters, cut out seeds, and put in bowl.
- Take out one quarter at a time, and cut height-wise.
- Take apples and quinces out of bowl, and put in a pot.
- Add sugar.
- Cook on lowest flame until the liquid is syrupy and pink.
Save in a glass container, and put in fridge.